- This event has passed.
Special Virtual Event: Equity of Care
January 28, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm$25
This is a member only event. Registration is a two step process.
- Register and pay.
- You will be sent a link to register via the ACHE Learning Portal and you will need to login to ache.org to complete this step
Program Description: Quality of care should not vary on the basis of the patients’ socioeconomic, ethnic, gender, or geographic background. It is known however, that there is a healthcare divide in the U.S. especially in vulnerable populations including: those lacking health insurance (or are underfunded), low-income families, racial and ethnic minorities, and LGBTQ populations. The Affordable Care Act aimed to address access and equity of care issues by expanding health insurance coverage. Deficits in access to care changes the way healthcare is delivered and financed. To embrace diversity is a core principle of the healthcare management profession and is also an ethical and business imperative. Healthcare organizations must ensure their staff is educated on disparities to appropriately address the needs of patients from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds to provide equitable high-quality care to all. It has been shown that patient-centered care improves clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction while reducing medical errors and costs. Eliminating healthcare disparities provides a strategic component to ensure organizational excellence and long-term financial viability.
- Asante Dickson, MD is Chairman of Radiology, Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical Center and
- Deliya Wesley, PhD, MPH, is the Scientific Director for Health Equity Research in the Healthcare Delivery Research Network at MedStar Health Research Institute.
- Shaker M. Eid, MD, MBA, SFHM, Director of Research for the Division of Hospital Medicine at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Campus.
- Moderator: Staci Hodge, PA-C, MHA · Manager, Orthopedic and Spine Advanced Practice Providers at Mercy Medical Center.
All attendees must fully participate (90 minutes) in the live chapter event to receive the 1.5 ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits.